Welcome to Environmental Health. We take care of everything from permitting restaurants to tattoo artists and swimming pools. Below you’ll find information concerning environmental issues and also forms if you need something permitted. This page is a work in progress so if you cannot find what you’re looking for please call the number at the bottom of the page and someone will help you.
- Application for Permanent Food Establishment *requires office Visit for submission, to ensure zoning and building code regulations are met.
- Application for Temporary Food Establishment
- Application for Event Coordinator
- Application for Limited Food service
- Application for Tattooing Permit
- Application for Swimming Pool Permit
- Application for Residential Care Facility * requires off visit for submission to ensure zoning and building code regulations are met.
- Application for Water Sample *requires Right of Entry Form. Applications not accepted for loan closings.
- Right of Entry Form
***All other applications require office visit for submission to ensure compliance with zoning and building code regulations***
General Information, Forms and Signs
- Temporary Food Service Vendors 2016
- Safe Food Handling Practices
- DPI Employee Health Policy
- Checklist for Employee Health Verification
- Checklist for Employee Health Verification for highly susceptible populations
- Employee Hand Washing Sign
- Consumer Advisory Sign
- Final Cook Temperature Sign
- Employee Health Reporting Guidance Sign
- Proper Holding Temperature Sign
Links to Food, Lodging and Institution Rules:
Link to Onsite Water Protection Rules and Information:
Links of Interest:
- Animal Contact Exhibit Information
- Real Raw Milk Facts
- Public Water Sampling Laboratories – (in addition to Cleveland County Health Department)
Environmental Health Public Records Access
Please come visit us or contact us directly to make an appointment:
200 South Post Road, Shelby NC 28152