Cleveland County Pharmacy exists to provide prescriptions, available through a formulary system for county employees and their immediate family members (spouse and dependent children). The general public is not eligible.
How does it work?
The pharmacy formulary has 3 price categories for the following:
- Full-time employees with county insurance and their covered spouses and/or covered dependents*
- Percentage employees with county insurance and their covered spouses and/or covered dependents*
- Retired Employees with at least 20 years of service (not eligible at age 65) and their spouses and/or dependents* if covered with Cobra insurance
- Retired Employees with less than 20 years of service with Cobra insurance and their spouses and/or dependents* if covered with Cobra insurance
- Cleveland County Commissioners with county insurance (spouses and dependents not eligible)
*Dependent children over the age of 26 are not eligible*
Prescriptions in category 1 are available at no cost for up to a 30 or 90 day supply. Category 2 prescriptions are available for a $20.00 fee for up to a 30 day supply or $60 for a maximum 90 day supply. Category 3 prescriptions are available for a $40.00 fee per unit of use and a maximum 30 day supply.
The pharmacy also offers formulary products for the cost plus $5.00 for a maximum 30 day supply (prices do vary) for the following:
- Full-time employees without county insurance (can have other insurance), their spouses, and/or dependents (dependent children over the age of 18 not eligible)
- Percentage employees without county insurance (can have other insurance), their spouses, and/or dependents (dependent children over the age of 18 not eligible)
- Part-time hourly employees (spouses and dependents are not eligible)
- Present/Former Cleveland County Commissioners not covered under county insurance (spouses and dependents not eligible)
- Contract employees (spouses and dependents not eligible)
The Formulary is constantly changing so for the most up to date information on available medications please contact the pharmacy at their number listed below.
Location and Contact Information:
The Cleveland County Health Department Pharmacy is located at 200 South Post Road, Shelby. The phone number is 980-484-5164, the fax number is 980-484-5269, and the e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org. The pharmacy also has prescription e-scribe capability. Operating hours are Monday- Friday 8am-5pm (occasionally closed 12:30pm-1:30pm/ call ahead) Payment may be made with cash, personal check, Health Savings Account card, debit card, or credit card.
All employees and dependents receiving services from the health department pharmacy will be required to complete a patient profile at the first visit. New prescriptions are required as the pharmacy does not transfer prescriptions.
All prescription refills must be requested 1 business day prior to pick-up. Employees and dependents may request refills 24 hours a day via the Pharmacy voice mail system by calling 980-484-5164.